Senior Antenna Engineer
Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
Senior Antenna Engineer
As a Senior Antenna Engineer, you will lead design and testing works of novel RF and antenna module development for SatCom user terminals. An ideal candidate should have extensive experience with microwave and antenna engineering. The candidate should be very familiar with design and simulation modeling and fabricate prototyping. This engineering role will be responsible for leading various full-wave EM simulations to deliver the antenna design packages. This engineer will also conduct prototype testing, including writing test plans, setting setup testing facilities, generating test reports, and supporting troubleshoot during the design verification test (DVT) processes. This engineer will be a vital member of the hardware development group to support user terminal product development.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design the testing processes of antenna sub-system in SatCom user terminals. The main tasks include
- Architect antenna and RF systems for Ku- and Ka-band SatCom terminal products
- Design various types of Ku- and Ka-band antenna apertures for SatCom terminal applications
- Utilize simulation software and physical models to conduct antenna analyses for design optimizations and trade-offs
- Generate design documents and packages to support contract manufacturers for prototypes fabrication
- Draft test plans of RF and antenna modules for design verification test (DVT) campaigns
- Setup and manage RF lab facilities to conduct various RF and antenna tests and characterization
- Design RF and antenna test setup and implement testing fixtures
- Write and manage script languages to automate testing processes
- Generate antenna and RF test reports
- Lead cross-functional engineering teams to review the antenna system design
- Support production build-up for the manufacturing partners for prototypes and volume ramp-up.
- Minimum: MS degree in EE or physics with antenna research experience. Preferred: Ph.D. degree in EE or physics with extensive antenna and EM-wave theory research experience
- 5+ years of experience with SatCom antenna aperture design and development, including phased array antennas
- 5+ years of experience with antenna and RF system architecture design
- Solid knowledge & understanding of antenna design principles and microwave theories
- Extensive experience with antenna design and simulation tools, including HFSS, CST, or equivalent
- Extensive experience operating RF test equipment, including signal generator, spectrum analyzer, vector network analyzer, etc.
- Solid knowledge of antenna testing facility and methodology, including far- and near-field ranges and measurements
- Knowledge of applying cost-effective manufacturing technologies to deliver antenna products
Please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com